06 January 2008

One hundred and eleven days and counting.

So this is 2008.

Come the end of April, I'm supposed to get on a plane, leave Australia, and not see it again until, well, probably the very end of August. In order to get to that point, I need to:

Book my leave
Book a flight
Buy a backpack
Check my passport isn't expired
Check on how long I can legally stay in each country with what type of Visa, etc etc
Figure out what to do with home

And... um.. other stuff. That was all just off the top of my head, though now I'm very glad that was done, it gives me somewhere to start :P. I'm meeting with the mortgage broker this coming week to see how I can best manage my home loan over the next year; it just came off a fixed-rate so hopefully I can sort something out there. HR needs to hurry up and update everyone's leave so we can book it already. I don't wanna get my backpack until a flight is booked. The Visa stuff I'll have to look into sooner rather than later; I'm pretty sure you can stay up to 90 days in the US without too much worry, and it looks like I'll be there the frist time for about seven weeks before going into Mexico & South America, so it resets when you go back... right..? It totals almost exactly 90 days or so all up anyways.

I've already started packing in my head. Which and how many jeans, shorts, tees, etc. That should (in theory :P) be one of the easier tasks in the coming months. The current plan is to leave around 26 April. So there's about 111 days to go.

EDIT: One task down! And it was easy. Unless 2014 happens in the next eight months, my passport should be fine.

No comments: