11 January 2008

One hundred and six days

One more step completed; my leave is all booked and approved!! :D Well, apart from the Annual Leave, but that will be approved first thing Monday morning. IT WILL.

Come 28 April, I'll be on Long Service Leave. Then Annual Leave. Then a bit of Leave Without Pay. *sigh* But it's only two weeks, so it's not all bad. Then back to work on 29 September. I wish I could take the LWOP at the BEGINNING, rather than the end, because it would have been easier to sort. The only plus being there that the final week I'll be back in Perth anyways, so it's not like there will be heavy costs then, I hope :P.

And last night I had a meeting with my mortgage broker, who's helping me sort out my home loan again. We're reworking it to fix the rate for a couple years, and to give me a bit of a top-up with which to better survive on this trip. This way I should hopefully be able to leave my fortnightly pay to cover my usual fortnightly/monthly costs.

I really have NO idea just how much accom/food etc is going to cost for five months. Surely there's a way to get some sort of estimate, but it all seemed too complicated to work out up til this whole thing became real with my leave being approved. There's a project for some night (...or nights...) soon.

No comments: