06 August 2008

Day ninety-five

So what happened in Vegas? I think you know the drill...

It was kinda crazy from the start though; for one thing, I arrived to lovely dry 38 degree heat; at 11pm.

Then my luggage never comes off the carousel; turns out while I flew American Airlines from Key West to Miami to Vegas, my luggage decided to fly US Airways from Key West to Los Angeles to Vegas.

Then some random girl gets into my cab from the airport, who was going to the Luxor.

Then the Planet Hollywood can’t give me the room I booked. Fortunately this meant an upgrade, not sleeping on the street. Seriously, the bathroom alone in this room was about the size of my living room at home. There was movie memorabilia hanging on the walls too; the eye mask Chris O’Donnell wore as Robin in Batman Forever, prints from The Corpse Bride, Batman Begins, and Superman 2.

I didn’t bother taking my camera out at night, so even though the hotels and casinos are much more impressive all lit up at night, all the photos I have of them are during the day :P. Managed to get a ticket to a 10.30pm showing of Cirque du Soleil’s “Zumanity” on Saturday night, which was incredibly, incredibly hot. Most people in the audience didn’t seem to be sure how to react to a lot of it though... There’s five Cirque du Soleil shows permanently in Vegas; I wanted to see “O” (a water-based show) and “Mystere” (the original) as well, but it didn’t happen.

And of course I lost more than enough money in the casino’s. They have eBay video slots where you have to match up categories from the site. There are Soprano’s slots, Star Wars slots where you can play either Light and Dark sides (on separate machines), basically slot machines for any taste.

I ate lots of both good and bad food, watched Krispy Kreme donuts being made, and drank more water in four days than I thought I’d be able to hold. All in all, Vegas was a bit of a success :).

No comments: