25 June 2008

Day fifty-five

With my "bonus" day in New Orleans, I went on the Steamboat Natchez :D. Is it still a steamboat if it runs on diesel fuel though? Still, it was GREAT. A two-hour cruise up and down the Mississippi River, with commentary etc.

BUT I didn't take my camera. Soooo many times did I see something and wish I had it with me. I didn't go out planning to get on the steamboat. I do have a photo of the boat itself from another day though.

Also; half the reason the environment is going to hell the way it is has to have something to do with how Americans idle their cars. All the time, everywhere, I see people sitting in their car waiting for someone or something, and their engine is running. Even the Greyhound buses idle for a good half hour when there isn't even anyone on them and they're waiting in their bays. It's ridiculous. One city I went through even was promoting an "idle-free" day in an effort to stop people doing it.

No comments: