14 May 2008

Day Thirteen

So it's been a few days, hey? They were mostly spent on a train between Edmonton and Toronto. Toronto is Canada's largest city, and it shows when walking through it.

Canadians seem to really like Australia. So far I've come across a pub called Down Under (with a big Aussie flag on the door), a travel company called "Aussie Travel" specialising in travel to Australia. Shops have obscure Australian songs in their mix CDs. And that's just all I can think of off the top of my head, but that's only a small part of it.

The other thing Canadians seem to really like, is their maple syrup. On the train I had salmon in a maple glaze. Passing a convenience store here, apparently they have maple Drumstick ice creams. And this girl from South Africa was telling me how she had ordered some scrambled eggs in Vancouver, and they had come with maple syrup on them, even. She said it was pretty delicious though!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go up CN Tower (http://www.cntower.ca), which is the world's tallest free-standing structure, and has a good ole observation tower at the top. Then on to the Hockey Hall of Fame, and finishing up with the Shoe Museum ("a well-heeled history of the shoe", or so the paperwork says). Thursday I might see about getting to Niagara Falls.

No comments: