21 May 2008

Day Twenty

This'll be pretty quick.

I'm in New York, the hostel has no internet, finally found an internet cafe not that far from the hostel (before this place, I sawe NONE. Anywhere. Not for lack of trying either).

Not entirely sure why I'm in NY either. I basically know it much like I know Perth, and it's hardly changed. A few thngs that are on the agenda though: MoMA (it was closed for reno's last time), a whole series of theatre - although I haven't even looked into tix yet, and the TKTS stand open in half an hour, sorting out my luggage to pull a whole lot of stuff out and send it home (would be doing that right now but a guy from Freo just arrived in the hostel after a 36 hour flight via Brissy, Sydney, LA AND some place in central America, so I'm giving him some sleeping time), and sorting out my Brazilian visa.

Which is what I looked into this morning. Basically you need to have your return flight booked and paid for (which I don't), and they can't guarantee I will have the visa before leaving New York. So I'm in two minds now. Not wanting to spend the money on the ticket when there's nothing definite about getting the visa. But that leaves about a ten-day home in my schedule, and I really, really wanted to go to Rio :/. Thinking about replacing it with Miami, which I also really wanted to go to but was too difficult to fit into my travel-map, and making a separate trip to Rio in like a couple years time instead, when it's easier to sort out visas at home well in advance.

Hmmm! *ponders*

Btw, I didn't really say much about Toronto. Not because it wasn't very good - quite the opposite, it was pretty damn fantastic. But because I was too busy going out and doing things pretty much all the tiem that I just had no time to sort my thoughts on it. They have a lot of improv comedy there, which is great, and it's well-organised, clean, friendly, and expansive. And a brilliant party town too.

No comments: