03 May 2008

Day Two

This second day has been MUCH better. Woke up at 10.30 (I don't feel too guilty as Vancouver is one of those places where the sun doesn't go down tila like 9.30/10pm - but it suits that here), and headed out towards Stanley Park.

Stanley Park is like Kings Park but with coast almost all the way round it. Verrrrry pretty. I walked through and around that for a couple hours before stumbling across the Vancouver Aquarium, so took a squizz at that. Then back towards town, through the Van version of the East Perth cove, followed by the marina, then the financial district, and discovered the main shopping/high fashion mall. Then headed back here via a food market.

Here's some pictures! I took some of the town itself all ready for stitching together for a nice big panorama view, but Im too lazy for atm.

A residential part of town.


There are cherry blossom trees everythwere through town...


There was this seagull trying to eat a starfish :/


Some jellyfish!


An otter. I lurrrve sea otters. Awww!


The aquarium entrance has this pretty nifty statue. I saw this first before even realising there was an aquarium directly behind it :P.


One of the paths in Stanley Park. This was just before I got seriously lost.


There's this wall on the walk path just belw this lighthouse in Stanley Park, where people come to write "x hearts x other person". It was pretty cool :).


I liked this one the best :P.


PS SO many Australians here. In the backpacker common room, working at the Aquarium, all over the place I'm finding them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam
Sounds like Vancouveer is very very beautiful and you are really having fun. The pictures are very beautifuly - Love the otters too! Hope your accommodation is sorted out now - and the food seems so cheap! What a holiday you are having - so glad you got there with all booking in and booking out of luggage! We have jut returned from Dunsborough - does not seem quite the same! Keep having fun. x Love mum and dad

Anonymous said...

Hello Adam

We love the blossom trees. Sounds like it has all been very exciting so far. Lucky you did not leave Perth last night because of an unlaimed package at the airport they closed the airport for 12 hours and the leading roads! Today is lovely weather. 24*C and Lionel is going out to plant some little primulas. Keep enjoying and take Care
Love from
Tina, Lionel and Liam xxx

Jude said...

Hi Adam
Great to hear you are now on track. Vancouver seems like a nice place. We are all thriving on your diary (because we don't have lives outside of work), don't worry we are holding the fort. keep safe - X Jude