05 May 2008

Day Four

I'm still trying to figure some things out, travel-wise. My packing needs a complete overhaul - and has been partially so. I can't wait to be able to post back a bunch of warm clothing. Photos have gotten completely out of control too; so far I've taken about 230 photos; in only three real days. And that's AFTER culling bad versions of the same photo (ie it was crooked or something, so retaken and the crooked one deleted). I've tried to not end up with too many photos of similar things, but it's difficult. It's a learning experience and all, and will be streamlined the longer I'm away, hopefully. Just wish it was already at that point :P.

Oh yeah; yesterday went to Chinatown, Gastown (the site of the original Vancouver), through the homeless district (by accident - there was a LOT, all with their trolleys and everything, it was really depressing), then up Vancouver Lookout (one of those tall towers with the 360deg views). Came back to the hostel for a bit of a rest, but then the sun FINALLY came out, so I went back to the Lookout - you can go back on the same ticket the same day for free, to get some decent, uncloudy shots.

Today I went out to North Vancouver, to the Capilano Suspension Bridge (http://www.capbridge.com) which is this big suspended bridge over a deep canyon. And it has nothing to do with honey. *I* for one was disappointed about that :P. That was about all for today; my feet are beat from so much walking. Only one more day in Vancouver, then Tuesday I'm off to Edmonton. It would be nice to go to Whistler, but it's a six hour trip there-and-back, and I don't have anything for "snow" levels of cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well adam it sounds like a very interesting start to the holiday but now all on track the worst is over

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, quote:"when preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money then take half your clothes and twice the money" - Susan Heller

Cheers, Dad